College Baseball: Chris Fritts, University of Tennessee
Chris Fritts went 2 for 3 with one RBI and scored a run in University of Tennessee's 5-4 win over Florida on Thursday. Fritts graduated from Cy-Ridge High School in 2010.
Fritts is a 2009 graduate of Cy-Ridge High School where he holds the career records for batting average, home runs and RBIs. He was a four-year letter winner and three-time All-District selection. Fritts was rated at the 63th overall prospect in Texas by PGCrossChecker.com during his senior season (2008-2009) when he batted .547 with four home runs, 25 RBIs and 12 stolen bases. That year he was selected twice as player of the week by the Houston Chronicle while also being named a Houston Area Baseball Coaches Association All-Star in addition to being selected All-Area Greater Houston by ESPN Rise Magazine. As a junior (2007-2008) he batted .412 with nine home runs and 35 RBIs. The son of Tom and Janet Fritts, he is a public relations major.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
What's on your mind?
and leave us a voicemail
Local Advertising by PaperG