Pro Baseball: Clinton Charles Everts, New Hampshire Fisher Cats
Clinton Charles Everts pitched one inning, striking out two and allowing no earned runs Thursday in the New Hampshire Fisher Cats's 2-1 loss to the Trenton Thunder. Everts graduated from Cy Falls High School.
Everts is a 2002 graduate of Cy-Falls where he was a first-team high school all-American as a pitcher during his senior season, 2002. The Montreal Expos made him the fifth overall pick of the 2002 Major League Baseball, and Everts signed his first professional contract on Aug. 24, 2002. He spent the next six seasons (2003 to 2009) in the minor league system of the Expos/Washington Nationals advancing as high as Triple-A Syracuse in 2009. Everts had a career 32-39 record over 191 outings for eight different teams in the Montreal/Washington system before signing as a minor league free agent with the New York Mets prior to 2010. He split that season with the Double-A Eastern League affiliates of the Mets. Everts was born Aug. 10, 1984 in Cypress.
Filed under: Games
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
What's on your mind?
and leave us a voicemail
Local Advertising by PaperG