Jersey Village grad Stavinoha stepping up for Cardinals
Nick Stavinoha, Jersey Village High School grad and Magnolia resident, has been coming through in a pinch for the St. Louis Cards this season.
Despite being on a yo-yo between Triple-A and the majors, Stavinoha had his 13th pinch-hit Monday, and he's tied for third in the NL in total pinch hits. Stavinoha is 13-for-44 (.295) in those spots.
Earlier in the season, Stavinoha came through late against the Brewers, blasting a two-run hit that put the Cards ahead 5-4 in a game winning effort.
Stavinoha is a 2000 graduate of JVHS, where he was a star linebacker and catcher for the Falcons football and baseball teams. The JVHS baseball team went 25-5 in his senior year, losing to Klein Oak in the Class 5A Region II quarterfinals.
The Cards currently are second in the NL Central, seven games behind the Cincinatti Reds.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
Local Advertising by PaperG