Vander Hey's Hilltoppers off to 4-3 start
Cy-Fair HS grad Ashley Vander Hey has led the St. Edward’s University Hilltoppers to a 4-3 start in their NCAA Division II women’s volleyball season.
The Cypress native has 59 kills and is the team's leading 13 service aces. In 2009, she led the team with 400 kills and 53 service aces. She was the Heartland Conference freshman of the year in 2008.
Vander Hey starred for the Cy-Fair Lady Bobcats from 2005 through 2007. Teaming with now-Stanford basketball star Nneka Ogwumike, Cambrey Oehler (Wake Forest), and Lacy Hayes (Clemson), Cy-Fair went 37-3 in 2007, eventually losing in the state semifinals to Amarillo.
The Hilltoppers take on their next opponent, UT-Permian Basin, Thursday Sept.16 at 7 p.m.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center events: May 30-June 17
- Shani Thompson awarded Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society charter membership
- Cypress Creek Lakes offers optimum lifestyle amenities
- 18 from Jersey Village High School Receive Honor
Local Advertising by PaperG