Volleyball preview: Cy-Ridge v. Cy-Springs
Cy-Ridge visits Cy-Springs in District 17-5A volleyball action on Tuesday.
Cy-Ridge lost their last match to Jersey Village in four games, 25-16, 17-25, 11-25 and 16-25. The loss dropped Cy-Ridge to 15-18 overall and 4-10 in district play.
The Rams were led by Melissa Sealy, a 5’10’’ sophomore, who recorded 10 kills in the match.
Kaylen Deloney , a 5’8’’ sophomore, leads the Rams with 228 kills and a 2.62 kill per game average. Janet Hill, a 5’5’’ senior, has 195 kills and leads the club with 255 assists, and 232 digs.
Cy-Springs lost their last match in three games to Cypress Woods, 9-25, 6-25, and 8-25. The defeat kept the Panthers winless in district play; with a record of 0-13.
Cy-Springs is 1-23 on the season.
Emily Lutz leads the Panthers with 53 kills, and a 1.33 kill per game average. As a team, Cy-Springs has 59 kills on the season, for a 1.31 kill per game average.
Tonight’s match is slated for 6:00 p.m.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG