Cy Springs defeats Jersey Village, 41-31
The Cy Springs Panthers (2-6) defeated the Jersey Village Falcons (1-7) 41-31 Thursday night at the Berry Center.
The Falcons led 17-13 at half-time but Cy-Springs outscored Jersey Village 28 - 14 in the second half.
Cy-Springs quarterback Afton Williams had a 68-yard touchdown run 39 seconds into the game and finished with three rushing scores and 259 rushing yards while averaging 11.3 yards per carry. Williams also threw two interceptions.
Running back Babatunde Leshi was equally as impressive rushing for three touchdowns and compiling 188 rushing yards while averiging 9.4 yards per carry. Panthers kicker Thristian Dawson was five of six on extra points.
If Williams was impressive, then the play of Jersey Village quarterback's Clay Magnuson and Connor Chapman was special.
The duo combined for four touchdowns and 321 yards while throwing no interceptions. Falcons running back Alex Peters had a nice game and had a touchdown reception while compiling 117 rushing yards. Anthony Sanchez led Jersey Village with 69 receiving yards and Joshua Jarman had a touchdown reception.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center events: May 30-June 17
- Cypress Creek Lakes offers optimum lifestyle amenities
- Shani Thompson awarded Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society charter membership
- 18 from Jersey Village High School Receive Honor
Local Advertising by PaperG