Former Cy-Fair player scores Rice TD
Cy-Fair High School 2008 grad Sam McGuffie led the Rice rushing attack in a tough 41-14 loss to UCF on Saturday.
McGuffie rushed for 65 yards on 16 carries, and caught four passes for 21 yards and a touchdown. The 16-yard touchdown pass from Nick Fanuzzi to McGuffie put the Owls on the board with 5:16 to play in the third quarter. The touchdown play marked McGuffie's second TD reception of the year.
The red shirt sophomore is the son of Terrie and Victoria McGuffie.
McGuffie tallied 699 career carries for 5,847 yards with 83 touchdowns at Cy-Fair High School. He was placed on the 2007 All-USA second team by USA Today and on the EA Sports All-America third team. McGuffie was recognized by Rivals.com as the No. 10 all purpose back and the 38th best prospect in Texas.
Rice will take on the Tulsa Hurricanes on Nov. 6. Kick off is scheduled for 1 p.m. CST.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center events: May 30-June 17
- Shani Thompson awarded Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society charter membership
- Cypress Creek Lakes offers optimum lifestyle amenities
- 18 from Jersey Village High School Receive Honor
Local Advertising by PaperG