South team wins Texas Shootout at Carlton Woods
Nicholas Cristea of Cypress helped the South Texas team win the Texas Shootout trophy at The Club at Carlton Woods on Oct. 23 and 24.
Cristea is a former All-American golfer at St. Edward's University in Austin.
Held every October, the Texas Shootout features the top 12 players from North Texas taking on the top 12 from South Texas in a Ryder Cup-style competition. It concludes the Texas Golf Association annual schedule.
The South teams victory ends a three-year drought in the Texas Shootout, bringing the trophy back to the Southland for the first time since 2006.
Other South team members include: David Pocknall of Katy, Mike Booker of The Woodlands, Jeff New of The Woodlands, Seth Thornton of Memorial, Kip Guidry, of Missouri City, Pat Youngs of League City and John Dowdall, of Kingwood.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG