Cy-Falls grad sparks Texas State comeback
Darrius Bolden, a 2008 Cy-Falls HS grad, led Texas State in receptions in its 27-24 victory over Stephen F. Austin University on Saturday.
Bolden had 6 catches for 49 yards and one touchdown in the contest. His 17-yard TD catch with 9:21 left in the fourth quarter sparked a 27 point comeback run for the Bobcats which secured their victory over the Jacks.
For the season, Bolden has three touchdown catches from 27 receptions and 340 yards. He ranks third among the Bobcats receiving corps.
The junior wide receiver is the son of LaTerra Simpson.
Bolden was named All-District 17-5A First-Team and All-Greater Houston First-Team as a senior at Cy-Falls HS. He had 63 receptions for 1206 yards and 10 touchdowns that season.
Texas State will take on Central Arkansas at home on Saturday, Nov. 6. Kick off is scheduled for 2 p.m. CST.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center events: May 30-June 17
- Shani Thompson awarded Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society charter membership
- Cypress Creek Lakes offers optimum lifestyle amenities
- 18 from Jersey Village High School Receive Honor
Local Advertising by PaperG