Langham Creek grad Johnson leads La.-Lafayette into Thanksgiving tourney
Univ. of Louisiana-Lafayette will lean on Langham Creek graduate Mercedes Johnson this afternoon, when the Ragin' Cajuns of University of Louisiana-Lafayette face off against the Lady Eagles of Southern Miss in the 22nd annual Lady Eagle LaQuinta Thanksgiving Classic at 5 p.m.Through three games, Johnson is the leading scorer for ULL (1-2), averaging 18 points to go with four rebounds. She scored 20 points in a 75-65 loss to Southern Univ. on Wed. Tomorrow, the Ragin' Cajuns will take on either nationally-ranked Kentucky or Murray State for the first time in the program's history. Johnson, from the Mansions of Hastings Green community in Northwest Houston, lettered four straight years at Langham Creek High School, from 2006- 09. She earned all-district honors all four of those years and was named All-Greater Houston in 2008 and 2009. A fashion design and merchandising major, she is the daughter of Yvette Ferguson.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG