Langham Creek alum leads Ragin' Cajuns in points and rebounds
Langham Creek 2008 graduate Mercedes Johnson is having a great season for the Ragin' Cajuns of the University of Louisiana-Lafayette.
The 5-foot, 11-inch junior power forward is the team’s leading scorer at 16.5 points per game. She is second in rebounds on the season, grabbing 5.8 boards per game.
In her last game out for UL-L (3-3), she extended her double-digit scoring streak to 10 games with 12 points and five boards in the 88-27 win over the University of New Orleans.
Johnson and her squad will host McNeese State tonight at 7 p.m.
Johnson was born on Feb. 5, 1990, in Houston. She is the daughter of Yvette Ferguson. Johnson lettered at Langham Creek High School, was named first-team All-District all four years of high school and tabbed All-Greater Houston for two years. She averaged 15 points and 10 rebounds per game during her time at Langham Creek.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center events: May 30-June 17
- Cypress Creek Lakes offers optimum lifestyle amenities
- Shani Thompson awarded Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society charter membership
- 18 from Jersey Village High School Receive Honor
Local Advertising by PaperG