LSC-CyFair presents financial aid workshops for parents, students
Lone Star College-CyFair will host a "College Goal Sunday" workshop on Feb. 27.
The financial aid staff will be on hand for the national financial aid program dedicated to helping students find money for college.
Parents and students will get free, on-site professional assistance filling out the free application for federal student aid. They can also talk to financial aid professionals about financial aid resources and how to apply, as well as get information regarding statewide student services, admission requirements and more.
“We are here to help, but to get the most out of College Goal Sunday, we encourage students and parents to bring their 2010 tax information such as W2s and tax return,” said Ashlie Resendez, director of financial aid. “In addition to a wealth of information, participants will also be eligible to win $250 toward their college textbooks for use next fall.”
“College Goal Sunday” will go from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Technology Building at 9191 Barker Cypress. Additional financial aid workshops will be held at the Saturday, April 2, open house.
For information on the FAFSA workshop or upcoming financial aid workshops, visit lonestar.edu/financial-aid.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG