LSC-CyFair hosts nursing exchange students from Mexico
A local community college recently received five nursing students from Mexico through a grant-funded exchange program.
LSC-CyFair, through a prestigious grant for the Improvement of Post-secondary Education, welcomed five nursing students from Mexico into its program to experience the cultural differences in health care systems.
For three weeks, these students from Colima studied at LSC-CyFair’s clinical site partner St. Catherine’s Hospital, living with volunteers who opened their homes to them and their instructor.
“The FIPSE grant provided the opportunity for nursing students to gain intimate knowledge of the diversity in health care delivery systems, health practices and cultural values that allow them to compare and contrast the nursing professions in their home and host countries,” said Jane Hagele, LSC-CyFair's Director of Nursing Programs, according to the press release.
To learn more about the LSC-CyFair’s nursing program, visit lonestar.edu/nursing-dept-cyfair.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
Local Advertising by PaperG