Cy-Fair residents sued after allegedly texting and driving
Cy-Fair residents are being sued over a car accident that allegedly involved texting while driving.
Damaso Jaquez filed a lawsuit on March 4 in the Harris County District Court against Cy-Fair residents Calvin and Chung-Hung Tong, citing negligence.
Jaquez says that on March 7, 2009, he was parked on the shoulder in the 17140 block of Northwest Freeway when Calvin Tong struck his car, seriously injuring him. Tong failed to drive safely because he was texting on his cell phone while operating his vehicle, according to the press release.
Jaquez is seeking damages in the amount of $90,000 and court costs. He is being represented in the case by Houston attorney James Grantham.
Harris County District Court Case No. 2011-13594.
This is a report on a civil lawsuit filed at the Harris County Courthouse. The details in this report come from an original complaint filed by a plaintiff. Please note, a complaint represents an accusation by a private individual, not the government. It is not an indication of guilt, and it only represents one side of the story.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center events: May 30-June 17
- Cypress Creek Lakes offers optimum lifestyle amenities
- Shani Thompson awarded Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society charter membership
- 18 from Jersey Village High School Receive Honor
Local Advertising by PaperG