Cypress boy honored for saving brother's life
Julio Jimenez was 8 years old when his baby brother started choking. Remembering what he learned in a 911 class, Jimenez stayed calm and called emergency services. He was honored yesterday at an event at George R. Brown Convention Center.
According to the Chronicle story by Matt Woolbright, Jimenez's baby brother, Fernando, began choking on a piece of a Styrofoam plate on the evening of April 16, 2009. Because his mother spoke only broken English, Jimenez had to make the call.
Jimenez was one of four children honored by the organization 911 for Kids National & International.
Local Advertising by PaperG