Cy Lakes softball squad hits power button
It took the Cy Lakes softball squad over three years to hit their first home run, but they broke out of their power slump in a huge way in the Aldine ISD Tournament.
In a March 12 pool game, the Spartans went deep four times in one game, including three back to back, to defeat Sam Rayburn 7-2.
After pitcher Lauren Fairman hit a two-run blast in the first inning, third baseman Rheya Lybarger, first baseman Brittany Smith and LF Selika Raus added their long balls on consecutive at bats in the third inning. The power display capped off a five run inning that led Cy-Lakes to the win.
"This is the first time I have ever seen anything so amazing," Coach Shauna Eller said of the home run barrage. "But I've seen constant improvement in our players. This has been an exciting season for us."
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
Local Advertising by PaperG