LSC-CyFair nursing student earns state scholarship
Lone Star College-CyFair nursing student Tracy Smith recently received a $500 scholarship from the Texas Organization for Associate Degree Nursing (TOADN).
TOADN, an organization of nursing program directors throughout Texas, awarded 10 scholarships this year from more than 200 applicants. Three of the 10 recipients were Lone Star College System students.
“I was very surprised when I was awarded the scholarship,” said Smith. “It is so tough to get one and I am very thankful to have been chosen as a recipient. It will be such a help to me and my family.”
Upon her December graduation, Smith’s goal is to gain further skills and experience with patient care working in a community hospital.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG