Langham Creek and Deer Park HS grads spark a Mean Green victory
Two local high school graduates propelled the North Texas softball team to an 11-7 victory against WKU on Sunday afternoon.
Langham Creek High School graduate Renae Bromley went 1-for-3 at the plate, with one run scored and another driven in. Bromley, a senior outfielder, is seventh on the team in batting at .294 and fourth in slugging percentage at .441.
Bromley was a District 16-5A First Team selection as a sophomore and senior. She was named second-team All-District as a junior.
Renae is the daughter of Kyle and Brenda Bromley. She was born on July 5, 1989, and is majoring in psychology.
Deer Park High School graduate Mariza Martinez went 2-for-5 with two RBIs in the win. Martinez, a senior outfielder, is second on the squad with five doubles and third with 28 hits on the year.
Martinez played at Deer Park from 2003-2007, where she was a two-time First-Team All-District honoree as well as a four-year letter winner. She was also named Offensive MVP in 2006-2007. In 2004-2005, Martinez earned Second-Team All-District honors. She is the daughter of Louis and Nancy Martinez.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG