HS boys baseball: Cy Creek crushes Jersey Village
Cy Creek powered its way to a 10-0 victory over Jersey Village in District 17-5A high school boys baseball action on Tuesday.
"More credit to the Creek Hitters than anything," Jersey Village coach Robb Jensen said. "Their kids came out swinging with five hits in the first inning and four runs and never looked back. Their pitcher was on as well."
He’s referring to Kevin Papas, who only allowed two singles in picking up the win.
The win ups Hastings to 13-7 overall and 7-2 in district play.
Bill Bay led the offense with a homer.
Hastings will next visit Langham Creek on Friday at 7 p.m.
The loss drops Jersey Village to 5-9 overall and 2-5 in district play.
"Our kids came out focused, but have to find a way to the weather the storm of an early deficit and play from behind," Jensen said. "We didn't respond very well after getting down early, and Creek did a good job of putting the game away. We try and regroup and come back strong against Cy Lakes on Friday."
Jersey Village will next visit Cy Lakes on Friday at 7 p.m.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
Local Advertising by PaperG