Cypress company sued over electric cord
A woman is suing after, she says, a Cypress-area business carelessly left an electric cord exposed, causing her to trip and fall.
Martha Embry filed a lawsuit on April 14 in the Harris County District Court against Property Damage Restorative Services in Cypress, alleging negligence.
Embry says that on April 30, 2009, she was seriously injured when she tripped over a dehumidifier’s exposed electric cord. Embry claims that Property Damage Restorative, owners of the dehumidifier, should have kept the area around the machine safe when setting it up.
Embry is seeking all the damages to which she is entitled and court costs. She is being represented in the case by San Antonio attorney Tim Singley.
Harris County District Court Case No. 2011-23117.
This is a report on a civil lawsuit filed at the Harris County Courthouse. The details in this report come from an original complaint filed by a plaintiff. Please note, a complaint represents an accusation by a private individual, not the government. It is not an indication of guilt, and it only represents one side of the story.
Local Advertising by PaperG