Cy-Fair grad Robbie Grossman key in victory for Marauders
Cy-Fair High School graduate Robbie Grossman was all over the box score, as the Bradenton Marauders beat the St. Lucie Mets, 5-2, in baseball action on Wednesday.
Grossman went 1-for-3 with two RBIs, two stolen bases, a run scored and a walk in the win.
Robbie, a right fielder, is batting .274 with two home runs and 13 RBIs on the season.
At Cy-Fair High School, Grossman was a High School All-American who batted .415 with four home runs and 19 RBIs in 2007, leading his team to a state championship.
Grossman was selected by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the sixth round (174th overall) of the 2008 amateur entry Draft.
Robbie was born September 16, 1989.
The Bradenton Marauders are a minor league baseball team based in Bradenton, Florida. They currently play in the Florida State League and are the Class A-Advanced affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG