Jersey Village HS grad Nick Stavinoha helps Memphis beat Oklahoma City
Jersey Village High School graduate Nick Stavinoha went 2-for-4 with a double, two runs scored and a walk as the Memphis Redbirds beat the Oklahoma City RedHawks, 8-4, in minor league action Saturday.
On the season, Stavinoha, a first baseman, is batting .226 with 36 RBIs and eight home runs.
At Jersey Village High School, Stavinoha was part of three district-champion baseball teams ('98, '99, '00) and helped lead the football team to district titles in 1998 and 1999.
Nick is the son of Rick and Debbie Stavinoha and was born May 3, 1982.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG