Cy-Fair HS grad Chris Wallace out-powers the Power
Cy-Fair High School graduate Chris Wallace hit his 11th home run of the season as the Lexington Legends unplugged the West Virginia Power, 7-1, in minor league action Saturday.
On the day, Wallace went 1-for-3 with the two-run homer and a walk.
On the season, Wallace, a catcher, is batting .293 with 39 RBIs and 11 home runs.
Wallace is a 2006 graduate of Cy-Fair High School. He played four seasons of Division I college baseball at the University of Houston from 2007 to 2010. He was a career .291 hitter for the Cougars and hit 20 home runs with 96 RBIs. Following his senior season at Houston, Wallace was drafted by the Houston Astros in the 16th round (483rd overall) of the 2010 Major League Baseball draft. He began his pro career by appearing in 67 games in the Astros' organization during 2010 batting a combined .293 with 10 homers and 40 RBIs. He was named an Appalachian League all-star DH after batting .310 with eight home runs and 32 RBIs for Greenville. He was born Aug. 27, 1988, in Pasadena.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center events: May 30-June 17
- Shani Thompson awarded Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society charter membership
- Cypress Creek Lakes offers optimum lifestyle amenities
- 18 from Jersey Village High School Receive Honor
Local Advertising by PaperG