LSC-CyFair student earns scholarship to study in China
LSC-CyFair student Martha Ocampo has been awarded the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship to fund her study-abroad program in China.
Receiving the award was a humbling experience, Ocampo says, as she was selected from a pool of 2,600 applicants. In the press release, she thanked all who helped in the process, adding that "applying for this competitive scholarship was a team effort. Professors Robert O'Brien and Carolyn Ho, as well as scholarship advisor Lina Quintero, helped [me] obtain the necessary documentation."
Ocampo hopes that her experiences in China will help as she becomes a human rights lawyer. She plans to complete the University of Texas at Austin dual master’s program in global policy and law.
The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program funds the non-traditional study-abroad destinations of students who are traditionally under-represented in study-abroad programs.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center events: May 30-June 17
- Shani Thompson awarded Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society charter membership
- Cypress Creek Lakes offers optimum lifestyle amenities
- 18 from Jersey Village High School Receive Honor
Local Advertising by PaperG