Cy-Fair HS grad Robbie Grossman leads Marauders in runs and stolen bases
Cy-Fair High School graduate Robbie Grossman went 2-for-4, but the Bradenton Marauders fell to the St. Lucie Mets, 5-2, Monday.
On the season, Grossman, a center fielder, is batting .283 with 24 RBIs, 69 runs, 16 stolen bases and four home runs.
Grossman is a 2008 graduate of Cy-Fair High School and a sixth-round selection (174th overall) of the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 2008 Major League Baseball draft. He played in five games during 2008 for the Pirates' rookie team in the Gulf Coast League before playing his first full pro season in 2009 with West Virginia of the South Atlantic League (single-A). Grossman appeared in 116 games for West Virginia batting .266 with five home runs and 42 RBIs to go along with 35 stolen bases. He advanced to Bradenton of the Florida State League (high class-A) in 2010 hitting .245 with four homers and 50 RBIs.
Grossman was born Sept. 16, 1989, in Cypress.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG