Home Depot blamed for workplace accident in Cy-Fair
An employee is suing Home Depot after, he says, he sustained serious injuries while working at the store's Cy-Fair location.
Marki Collins filed a lawsuit on June 30 in Harris County District Court against Home Depot International and Home Depot, U.S.A., citing negligence and gross negligence.
Collins says that on Sept. 28, 2009, he sustained serious injuries while working as a receiver in Home Depot's inbound department, located at 8103 Fallbrook Drive in Cy-Fair. According to the brief, he was helping a supervisor and another employee strap down a compressor on a defective pallet when the compressor tilted and fell on him, injuring his back and knee.
Collins is seeking damages and court costs. He is being represented in the case by Houston attorney Rashan Clark.
Harris County District Court Case No. 2011-39156.
This is a report on a civil lawsuit filed at the Harris County Courthouse. The details in this report come from an original complaint filed by a plaintiff. Please note, a complaint represents an accusation by a private individual, not the government. It is not an indication of guilt, and it only represents one side of the story.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG