Cypress Creek High School electrocution sparks lawsuit
A painter is suing over claims he suffered serious injuries while working at the Cypress Creek High School construction job site.
Gregory Brisco Jr. filed a lawsuit on July 22 in Harris County District Court against Satterfield & Pontikes Construction, of Cy-Fair, and Raven Mechanical, of Aldine, citing negligence.
Brisco says that on Aug. 1, 2009, he sustained serious injuries while working as a painter on the Cypress Creek High School construction project. According to the brief, Brisco was electrocuted when he contacted an uncovered and unprotected energized junction box after being ordered to begin overhead paintwork.
Brisco is seeking damages and court costs. He is being represented in the case by Houston attorney Andrew Drapkin.
Harris County District Court Case No. 2011-43397.
This is a report on a civil lawsuit filed at the Harris County Courthouse. The details in this report come from an original complaint filed by a plaintiff. Please note, a complaint represents an accusation by a private individual, not the government. It is not an indication of guilt, and it only represents one side of the story.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG