Whirlpool accused of selling defective dishwasher in Cypress
Whirlpool is being sued over claims a manufacturing defect caused a dishwasher to leak, damaging a Cypress-area office.
State Farm Lloyds filed a lawsuit on July 27 in the Harris County District Court against Whirlpool Corp., citing, among other things, breach of implied warranty.
The plaintiff says that on May 4, 2010, a Whirlpool dishwasher leaked water into an office, located at Dominique Drive in Cypress, causing more than $4,000 worth of damage.
State Farm is seeking $4,564.36 in damages, attorney’s fees and court costs. It is being represented in the case by Richardson attorney Patrick Clerkin.
Harris County District Court Case No. 2011-44140.
This is a report on a civil lawsuit filed at the Harris County Courthouse. The details in this report come from an original complaint filed by a plaintiff. Please note, a complaint represents an accusation by a private individual, not the government. It is not an indication of guilt, and it only represents one side of the story.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center events: May 30-June 17
- Cypress Creek Lakes offers optimum lifestyle amenities
- Shani Thompson awarded Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society charter membership
- 18 from Jersey Village High School Receive Honor
Local Advertising by PaperG