Cy-Fair High grad completes Navy basic training
Navy Seaman Taylor J. Mendes recently completed U.S. Navy basic training at Recruit Training Command in Great Lakes, Ill.
Mendes, a 2010 graduate of Cy-Fair High School, finished the eight-week program that included classroom study and practical instruction on naval customs, first aid, firefighting, water safety and survival, and shipboard and aircraft safety, along with an emphasis on physical fitness.
The culminating event of the training was "Battle Stations," which is designed to stimulate the basic attributes of sacrifice, dedication, teamwork and endurance in each recruit through the practical application of basic Navy skills and the core values of honor, courage and commitment.
Mendes is son of Danielle and Neil J. Mendes of Houston.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center events: May 30-June 17
- Cypress Creek Lakes offers optimum lifestyle amenities
- Shani Thompson awarded Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society charter membership
- 18 from Jersey Village High School Receive Honor
Local Advertising by PaperG