Cy Falls HS grad Chase Lambin named 'Player of the Week'
Cy Falls High School graduate and Rochester Red Wings infielder Chase Lambin has been named the Salvatore's Pizza/Donuts Delite Player of the Week for the period of Aug. 1 to 7.
Lambin batted .409 (9-for-22) for the week with four RBIs and three runs scored. On Aug. 7, Lambin extended his hitting streak to 12 games, the second-longest by a Wing this season.
More on Lambin:
The 32-year-old is in his first season with the Wings and the Twins system and his 10th in pro baseball. He signed as a Minor League free agent Nov. 12 of last year. He was originally the Mets' 34th round pick in 2002 out of the University of Louisiana-Lafayette.
* Hit safely 20 of last 22 games, going 32 for 85 (.376). Since June 1, he is .313/.384/.460 with 12 doubles, 3 triples, 5 home runs and 33 RBIs in 63 games.
* 2010: Hit .252/.327/.414 with 15 homers and 58 RBIs in 136 games for Syracuse, the Nationals' Triple A affiliate. He led the Chiefs in RBIs, tied for team lead in home runs, second in doubles, hits, walks and total bases, and was selected to play for the International League in the Triple A All-Star Game.
* Lambin spent the 2009 season playing for Bobby Valentine in Japan for the Chiba Lotte Marines.
Lambin is a 1998 graduate of Cy Falls High School.
He spent five seasons in the Mets' system having his best campaign during 2003 when he batted .289 with 49 RBIs for St. Lucie of the Florida State League (High Single-A). Lambin signed with Minnesota prior to the 2011 season. Through 2010, he is a career .272 hitter in 888 games in the minor leagues. Lambin was born July 7, 1979, in Houston.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG