Cy-Fair roundup: Friends to square off
Back in 2006, Kirk Eaton was the defensive coordinator and Todd Thompson ran the offense when Cy Falls advanced to the Class 5A Division II football state finals. Cy Falls takes on high-scoring Langham Creek (4-1, 3-1) at 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 8, at Pridgeon Stadium with the Eagles looking to stay unbeaten and the Lobos going for a fourth straight win and possibly a share of the 17-5A lead. Cy Falls' attack centers around junior running back Bryce Peters (575 yards and seven touchdowns on 64 attempts) and senior quarterback Troy Mitchell (57-of-95 for 948 yards with 10 touchdowns and three interceptions). Langham Creek's junior quarterback Connor Feist is 71-of-112 for 1,271 yards with 12 touchdowns and no interceptions, and that's with missing the Jersey Village game with an injury. Price is also quite active off the court as a member of the National Honor Society and Peer Assisted Learning Strategies (PALS) tutoring program, and she's helped the Lady Cougars stay in a prime position for a postseason berth in the ongoing district race that wraps up on Oct. 25.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG