Cy Ridge HS grad Russell Shepard joins in the fun for No. 1-ranked LSU
Cy Ridge High School graduate Russell Shepard helped No. 1-ranked LSU beat No. 17 Florida, 41-11, on Saturday.
On Saturday, the 6-foot-1 junior Shepard caught two passes for 41 yards.
A versatile athlete, Shepard was widely considered the top dual-threat quarterback in the country for the Class of 2009. He earned Parade All-America honors as well as being a second-team All-USA selection by the USA Today.
As a high school quarterback, he led Cypress Ridge to the third round of the Texas Class 5A Division II State Playoffs. Shepard accounted for nearly 4,000 total yards and 48 touchdowns in his senior season.
Beyond the football field, Shepard is one of the most active LSU players in the community. He spends time in the prison systems around Louisiana, works with the Oliver Foundation (a childhood obesity organization) and is part of the Big Brother program.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG