Cy Springs and Bush alums contribute in Marquette victory
Bush 2008 graduate Chris Otule and Cy Springs 2009 grad Erik Williams were both key players in Marquette's 99-68 win over Norfolk State in men's college hoops play on Monday.
Otule recorded two points, four rebounds, one block and a steal in the game.
At Bush, Otule was a first team all-region selection. He was also selected to the all-district first team, completed three triple-doubles and competed at the AAU level with the Houston Lynx.
He is the son of Anthony and Catherine Otule.
Williams put up 13 points, six assists and two rebounds in the victory.
At Cy Springs, he was the district's newcomer of the year as a sophomore after playing his freshman year at Strake Jesuit College Preparatory.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG