Cy Woods football star picks Rice
According to Chronicle reporter Sam Khan Jr., Cy Woods football star Bryce Callahan has called Houston his home since third grade. You can add four more years to that tally, as Callahan has chosen to attend Rice next year.
From the story:
Callahan, a standout defensive back from Cypress Woods, committed to Rice this week and will sign a letter of intent to play for the Owls when national signing day arrives Feb. 3.
Originally from Idaho, Callahan estimates he lived in 14 states before landing in the Bayou City.
My dad worked for a welding company," Callahan said. Every time he finished a project, we moved to a different state. All I remember is riding in the car a lot."
At Cy Woods, Callahan has been part of the foundation of the football program. He started for the Wildcats in their first two seasons as they turned heads around the state, making it to the Class 5A Division I regional semifinals in 2008 and to the Division I quarterfinals in 2009. A two-time first-team all-district selection, Callahan was a force in the secondary.
Read more about Callahan.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center events: May 30-June 17
- Shani Thompson awarded Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society charter membership
- Cypress Creek Lakes offers optimum lifestyle amenities
- 18 from Jersey Village High School Receive Honor
Local Advertising by PaperG