Cypress surgeon accused of malpractice
A Cypress surgeon is being sued over claims she accidently inserted a screw into a patient’s leg.
Adrian Hearns filed a lawsuit on Jan. 13 in Harris County District Court against Judith E. Rubin, M.D., citing negligence.
Hearns says on Jan. 15, 2010, he underwent surgery, performed by Rubin, to repair his ankle, which was broken in a car accident. During the surgery, Rubin inserted a screw into Hearn’s leg, in a location not medically necessary, according to the brief.
The suit further alleges Rubin tried to cover up the accident by intentionally failing to document it in Hearn’s medical records.
Hearns is seeking damages and court costs. He is being represented in the case by Houston attorney Danny Sheena.
Harris County District Court Case No. 2012-02633.
This is a report on a civil lawsuit filed at the Harris County Courthouse. The details in this report come from an original complaint filed by a plaintiff. Please note, a complaint represents an accusation by a private individual, not the government. It is not an indication of guilt, and it only represents one side of the story.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center events: May 30-June 17
- Shani Thompson awarded Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society charter membership
- Cypress Creek Lakes offers optimum lifestyle amenities
- 18 from Jersey Village High School Receive Honor
Local Advertising by PaperG