Langham Creek HS shoots for a cure
The Langham Creek High School girls basketball team hosted the “Shoot for a Cure” breast cancer awareness game on Dec. 16.
The game featured a bake sale, a pink lemonade stand, a breast cancer awareness station and T-shirts. The girls wore pink basketball shoes and pink eyeliner for the game against Stratford High School.
The event was initially proposed to Head Coach Annette Steward by senior Rebekah Douglas. Teacher Kristi Crawford served as the coordinator of the event, which raised $800 to go toward Causes for a Cure, a nonprofit charity that is helping find the cause of breast cancer.
“I was proud to hear that we raised $800,” said Steward in a press release. “This game not only educated my athletes, but also brought awareness to our students at Langham Creek and our community.”
For more information on Causes for a Cure, visit causesforacure.org.
Langham Creek High School is located at 17610 FM 529 in Houston.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center events: May 30-June 17
- Shani Thompson awarded Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society charter membership
- Cypress Creek Lakes offers optimum lifestyle amenities
- 18 from Jersey Village High School Receive Honor
Local Advertising by PaperG