USA Swimming Foundation gives grant to YMCA
The USA Swimming Foundation has granted out nearly $300,000 to help local YMCA partners in 20 states, including Texas, provide children with life-saving learn-to-swim instruction for free or at a reduced cost.
The Clay Road YMCA, Harris County Aquatic Program, Houston Swim Club, Katy Aquatics Program and the YMCA of Greater Houston will all benefit from the Make a Splash grant.
“With this funding, our local partners are able to provide swimming lessons to children who otherwise may never gain the life-saving skill of learn-to-swim,” said Debbie Hesse, executive director of the USA Swimming Foundation, in a press release. “While the USA Swimming Foundation is incredibly proud to have reached more than a million kids, our work is just beginning, and we are incredibly grateful to our donors and corporate partners who continue to help us fund this vital initiative and provide this opportunity to children across the nation.”
For more information or to apply for the grant in 2013, visit www.MakeaSplash.org.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center events: May 30-June 17
- Cypress Creek Lakes offers optimum lifestyle amenities
- Shani Thompson awarded Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society charter membership
- 18 from Jersey Village High School Receive Honor
Local Advertising by PaperG