Harris County students win art, writing awards
Forty-one students from Harris County public and private schools won awards at the 2012 Scholastic Art and Writing Awards.
According to a press release, the winners in grades 7 through 12 competed among 200,000 entries in the program, which for 89 years has recognized creative teens while offering scholarships for graduating high school seniors.
Independent school districts receiving honors include Clear Creek, Cypress-Fairbanks, Deer Park, Houston, Katy, Klein, Pasadena, Spring Branch and Tomball. Private school winners include Annunciation Orthodox School, The Kinkaid School, Presbyterian School, St. John’s School and Second Baptist School.
The program is sponsored regionally by the Harris County Department of Education.
For more information, visit www.hcde-texas.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
Local Advertising by PaperG