Alums from Cy Woods and Austin propel U of Texas San Antonio to baseball win
Ryan Dalton, a 2009 graduate of Austin High School, went 3-5 with two RBI to help lead the University of Texas San Antonio to a 7-3 victory over Texas-Pan American in men's college baseball action on Tuesday.
Dalton batted .498 with 16 doubles, three triples, nine home runs and 43 RBI as a senior to earn the District 23-5A MVP award. He was also a third-team all-state 5A and first-team all-Greater Houston honoree.
He is the son of Mark and Laura Dalton, and is majoring in kinesiology.
Matt Sims, a 2010 graduate of Cy-Woods High School, pitched a perfect inning of relief in the victory. As a senior at Cy-Woods, Sims went 6-3 on the mound with a 2.73 ERA and 93 strikeouts in 56 innings of work. He also batted .389 at the plate to earn first-team all-district recognition.
An accounting major in college, Sims is the son of Rick and Julie Sims.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG