Cancer Fighters to hold spring fundraiser
The annual Cancer Fighters of Houston spring luncheon and fashion show, "An Afternoon in Paris," will begin at 10 a.m. April 19 at Lakeside Country Club.
Honorees for the event are Dr. Jean-Nicolas Vauthey of M.D. Anderson Cancer Center for his contribution to cancer research, and Mrs. Dorothy Paterson for her volunteer service in the Houston community. Activities are in memory of Dr. Raymond Brauer.
A silent auction will begin at 10 a.m., with a fashion show by White House/Black Market of Town and Country to follow. Cellist David Zeager will provide entertainment and Tim Heller of KTRK-Channel 13 will be the master of ceremonies.
All proceeds will benefit Cancer Fighters's 2012 Seed Grant Recipient, Dr. Matthew L. Anderson of Baylor College of Medicine, a researcher focused on ovarian cancer.
Tickets are $75 each and can be purchased by calling 713-774-5492 or mailing a check to Cancer Fighters of Houston, Inc., 9418 Hendon Lane, Houston, Texas 77036.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG