Bicyclist sues Cy-Fair landscaper over alleged shrapnel
A Harris County man is suing a Cy-Fair landscaper over claims the company's equipment hurled debris at him while he rode his bike.
Gordiano Alegria-Osorio and his wife, Rosa Cortez, filed a lawsuit on Tuesday, April 17 in the Harris County District Court against Martin Landscape Management, headquartered in Cy-Fair, citing negligence and gross negligence.
Alegria-Osorio says on April 6, shrapnel from the defendant's hedge-trimming equipment struck his right arm and chest as he rode his bicycle on West Houston Parkway South.
The plaintiff is seeking damages and court costs. He is being represented in the case by Houston attorney Newton Schwartz Sr.
Harris County District Court Case No. 2012-22166.
This is a report on a civil lawsuit filed at the Harris County Courthouse. The details in this report come from an original complaint filed by a plaintiff. Please note, a complaint represents an accusation by a private individual, not the government. It is not an indication of guilt, and it only represents one side of the story.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center events: May 30-June 17
- Cypress Creek Lakes offers optimum lifestyle amenities
- Shani Thompson awarded Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society charter membership
- 18 from Jersey Village High School Receive Honor
Local Advertising by PaperG