Harris County Sheriff investigates fatal accident on U.S. 290
The Harris County Sheriff's Office continues to investigate after a fatal accident in the 24400 block of U.S. 290.
Investigators say at 3:40 a.m. Sunday, April 22, an unidentified man was thrown from a red Mercury Cougar after he drove it off the road and into a guardrail while traveling west on U.S. 290.
As the man lay in the center lane of U.S. 290, two cars struck him, an unknown driver who fled the scene and a Lexus driven by Marco Mendez, according to a Harris County Sheriff's Office news release.
Minutes later, a Mazda 3, driven by Taylor Henderson, struck the red Mercury Cougar that had rolled onto its roof and into the center lane of U.S. 290.
Deputies have yet to release the name of the deceased.
Mendez and Henderson were not hurt in the accident, according to the release.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG