Cy Ridge alum drives in one in Tennessee baseball loss
Chris Fritts, a 2009 graduate of Cy Ridge High School, went 1-4 and drove in a run but watched as the University of Tennessee fell 12-5 to Auburn in men's college baseball action on Friday.
Fritts holds the career records for batting average, home runs and RBIs at Cy Ridge. He was a four-year letter winner and three-time All-District selection.
In his senior year, he batted .547 with four home runs, 25 RBIs and 12 stolen bases. That year he was selected twice as player of the week by the Houston Chronicle while also being named a Houston Area Baseball Coaches Association All-Star in addition to being selected All-Area Greater Houston by ESPN Rise Magazine.
He is the son of Tom and Janet Fritts, and studying public relations at the University.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Houston Police Department collision call log, April 24
Local Advertising by PaperG