Cy-Fair surgeon named in medical negligence case
A Cy-Fair surgeon is being sued over claims he botched a patient's hand operation.
Dorothy Cook filed a lawsuit on Wednesday, June 13 in the Harris County District Court against Andrew K. Lee and the Brown Hand Center, in Cy-Fair, citing negligence.
Cook says on April 27, 2010, she underwent surgery for a condition known as "trigger finger" at the Brown Hand Center, located at 11307 FM 1960 Road in Cy-Fair. According to the brief, the defendants botched the surgery, which caused Cook to suffer permanent and disabling injuries.
Cook is seeking damages and court costs. She is being represented in the case by Houston attorney Muhammad Aziz.
Harris County District Court Case No. 2012-34696.
This is a report on a civil lawsuit filed at the Harris County Courthouse. The details in this report come from an original complaint filed by a plaintiff. Please note, a complaint represents an accusation by a private individual, not the government. It is not an indication of guilt, and it only represents one side of the story.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG