Cy Creek HS grad Paul Janish carries a big stick for Louisville
Cy Creek High School graduate Paul Janish had a big day at the plate, as Louisville beat Pawtucket, 7-5, Saturday.
Janish went 3-for-5, with two RBIs and a run scored in the win. Janish connected on his fourth home run of the season in the victory.
On the season, Janish is batting .306 with four home runs and nine RBIs.
Janish is a 2001 graduate of Cypress Creek High School. He played college baseball at Rice University for three seasons (2002 to 2004).
Janish was drafted in the fifth round (138th overall) of the 2004 Major League Baseball drafted by Cincinnati. He spent parts of five seasons in the Reds organization before making his Major League debut on May 14, 2008.
Janish was born Oct. 12, 1982, in Cypress.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center events: May 30-June 17
- Shani Thompson awarded Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society charter membership
- Cypress Creek Lakes offers optimum lifestyle amenities
- 18 from Jersey Village High School Receive Honor
Local Advertising by PaperG