Lone Star College library offers L.I.F.E. programs in August
The library of Lone Star College will host three Wednesday L.I.F.E. classes from 10 to 11 a.m. during August in the library, located at 9191 Barker in Cypress.
These Learning, Inspiration, Fellowship and Enrichment sessions are free and will be held in Room 131.
The Kleb Family Pioneers will be featured Wednesday, Aug. 15. Director Fred Collins of the Kleb Woods Nature Preserve will tell a story of how the prairie was transformed into farms and forest by Elmer Kleb and his ancestors. Participants will learn how the area was preserved for generations to come with the help of Commissioner Steve Radack.
Savor the Flavor will be Wednesday, Aug. 22 with Huyen Doan and Jill Vu offering a signature Asian noodle salad and no-bake cookies.
Jitterbug Genealogy will take place Wednesday, Aug. 29. Mick Stafford will give a presentation on jitterbug, zoot suits and Rosie the Riveter. He will also show attendees how to access genealogical records of the 1940s.
For more information, call 281-290-3214 or visit lonestar.edu.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center events: May 30-June 17
- Shani Thompson awarded Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society charter membership
- Cypress Creek Lakes offers optimum lifestyle amenities
- 18 from Jersey Village High School Receive Honor
Local Advertising by PaperG