Orange Leaf announces mural contest winner
Salyard's Middle School student Mitchel Krause has been announced the winner of the Orange Leaf Yogurt Hwy 290 Cy-Fair mural contest. The contest began last March, when students were asked to create a mural concept for the big green wall at Orange Leaf's Hwy 290 store. Various Cy-Fair schools participated in the contest, and Krause's entry was deemed the most creative and in line with Orange Leaf's vision. The concept Krause developed has been painted on the wall at Orange Leaf by Cy-Woods art teacher Charlotte Stuart. The mural shows many of the Cy-Fair schools and Cypress landmarks that surround the store, located at 26321 Northwest Freeway in Cy-Fair. It also features 25 Orange Leaf logos hidden throughout. Orange Leaf will host a wall signing and present art teacher Julie Peterson with a $250 check at 4 p.m. Monday, Aug. 20, at the school. It will also offer a 25 percent discount from 4-6 p.m. to all customers in celebration of the Monday Mural Madness.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG