Cy Woods High School grad McCorquodale leads Texas State University to win
Cy Woods High School graduate Caleigh McCorquodale had eight digs Nov. 3, as Texas State University rolled to a 3-1 victory over University of Texas at Arlington in women's college volleyball action.
McCorquodale, a senior setter, also contributed three kills in the win, along with a .600 hitting percentage.
The Bobcats won 24-14, 22-25, 25-17 and 25-21 at College Park Center in Arlington. The team is now 14-12 on the season.
The next contest for Texas State University is 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 8, at home against New Mexico State.
McCorquodale is a 2009 graduate of CynWoods High School, where she was a three-year letterwinner on the volleyball team for coach Ashley Ahlfinger. She owns the school record for most assists with more than 2,000 in her high school career. McCorquodale was a first-team All-District 17-5A selection and an All-Greater Houston honoree. She was the 2007 Lone Star Volleyball honorable mention setter of the year. Born April 29, 1991 the daughter of Kenny and Jan McCorquodale, she is majoring in fashion merchandising at Texas State.
- She takes stress out of your special events
- Thomas A. Glazier Senior Education Center events: May 30-June 17
- Cypress Creek Lakes offers optimum lifestyle amenities
- Shani Thompson awarded Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society charter membership
- 18 from Jersey Village High School Receive Honor
Local Advertising by PaperG