Cypress Fairbanks ISD approves 2013-14 calendar
The CFISD Board of Trustees approved the 2013-14 calendar during a meeting held Monday, Dec. 10.
The calendar was finalized with input from the calendar committee, which was made of parents, administrators, teachers and district staff. Beginning in the fall of 2012 the committee met to discuss the new instructional calendar. It presented the following recommendations:
• The first day of school for students should be Monday, Aug. 26.
• Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 2, is a holiday for students and staff.
• Thanksgiving break will from Monday, Nov. 25 to Friday, Nov. 29.
• Winter break will run from Monday, Dec. 23 to Monday, Jan. 6.
• Spring break will run from Monday, March 17 to Friday, March 21.
• Friday, April 18 will be a holiday for students and staff.
• The school year will end Thursday, June 5.
• Monday, Feb. 17 and Friday, June 6 will be used as inclement weather makeup days.