Harris County parks to receive rainbow trout
The Harris County recently announced that Precinct 4 parks are scheduled to receive rainbow trout.
The following parks will each be stocked Friday, Jan. 18 with about 2,000 fish:
• Bane Park, 9600 W. Little York Road, Houston. The park is open 7 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
• Burroughs Park, 9738 Hufsmith Road, Tomball. The park is open 7 a.m. to dark each day.
All parks are open every day of the year except for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
According to the press release, "This popular trout-stocking program, which began in 1966, is supported by the sales of Texas freshwater fishing licenses and a 50 percent match by Harris County Precinct 4. There is no charge to fish at Bane or Burroughs parks, however, anglers 17 years of age and older are required to purchase a valid Texas fishing license with a freshwater stamp endorsement. The freshwater stamp endorsement has replaced the trout stamp. A freshwater fishing license may be purchased at most sporting good stores and a valid Texas driver’s license is required."
For more information, call 281-353-4196 or visit www.hcp4.net.
- Cypress-Fairbanks Independent students move on to global competition
- Johnson and Moseng bowl highest men's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 26
- Cypress Christian School to hold sports camps and clinics
- Tate bowls highest women's scratch game at AMF Windfern Lanes
Local Advertising by PaperG